Senior Consultant & Development Lead (Contractor)
“InfoSec People recruited me back to Detica in 2009 and they are that rare thing – a Recruitment Consultancy who isn’t just playing the numbers game. They worked hard to find the right opportunities and were open and honest along the way. I would happily use InfoSec People for all my future engagements if it were possible because I know I’m dealing with people who operate with the highest integrity and have my best interests at heart. I have recommended InfoSec to several colleagues and I have yet to hear any of them disagree with my assessment, regardless of if InfoSec People have been able to place them or not.”
Information Security Consultant, Welwyn Garden City, to £60k
Information Security Consultant, Hertfordshire, to £60k + bens
InfoSec People, the Information Security recruitment experts, are seeking an Information Security Consultant to work with a thriving technology business near Welwyn Garden City.
As part of a small, but fast-growing security team, you will be providing advice and guidance to a varied portfolio of customers, whilst also supporting the internal compliance projects around ISO27001, GDPR and PCI DSS. The company are friendly and empower their staff to grow and develop their remit and skills in line with the business' and their customers' needs. As such, this position is a genuine consultancy position with no agenda or sales targets to meet.
From initial assessment and readiness engagements, through to remediation, your role will be to work with stakeholders at all levels of seniority to ensure recommend suitable technical and operational controls for the treatment of risk.
We are looking for applicants with a technical background with recent consulting experience. Whilst being based from Welwyn Garden City, your role will require frequent visit to client sites, predominantly in London and the Southeast.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Consult on the implementation and management of Information Security and Data Protection compliance frameworks
* Conduct gap analyses against PCI DSS, ISO27001 and GDPR
* Auditing of internal and external systems and processes
* Undertake risk assessments and provide recommendations for any remediation required
* Lead information security awareness training to executive board and wider customer teams
* Agnostically recommend appropriate solutions to treat unacceptable levels of risk
* Prepare high-quality technical and non-technical reports for customers internally and externally
* Maintain and support the delivery of the internal ISMS and accreditations
Skills & Knowledge Required
* Broad knowledge of Information Security principles and methodologies
* Strong knowledge of technical security controls and mitigation techniques
* Sound knowledge of ISO 27001, PCI DSS and GDPR
* Deep knowledge of risk management principles
* Previous experience of working in a Security Consulting role across multiple industries
* Certified to a recognised standard desirable, i.e. CISSP, CISM, CISMP, CISA, ISO 27001 LA/LI, etc.
* Ability to communicate to a very high standard, both written and verbally
This role would suit an existing Information Security Consultant looking to work in a vendor-agnostic environment with a broad scope and interesting client base. The position is based from Welwyn Garden City with frequent travel into London (expenses paid) and elsewhere, although the business does have a flexible approach to working and value their employees' work-life balance. A basic salary of up to £60k is on offer, along with 26 days holiday, pension and other benefits.
For further information and to apply, please contact James Marklove, Lead Consultant at InfoSec People on 01242507104.
Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum + bens
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Date Advertised: 2018-01-29 09:22:36
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.