Head of Security at Lockheed Martin
“Embarking on a new career, I have spoken to numerous recruitment consultants who have offered much and delivered little. Chris at InfoSec People was one of the few exceptions; his approach to helping me find a new role was based on building a trusted relationship from which he could identify possibilities that would provide me with the challenges that I was looking for. He is exceptionally personable and professional, and his knowledge of his chosen sector and the recruitment industry at large is impressive in the extreme. Regardless of when I needed to talk to him, he was always available with the time to answer my questions, however mundane; time and experience has proven that his advice was always spot on. Whatever direction my career takes in the future, Chris will be one of the first people that I approach for advice. Both professionally and personally, I would have no hesitation in recommending him to colleagues and friends.”
Infrastructure Engineer, Gloucestershire, £35-55k + bens
Infrastructure Engineer (Windows, Unix, Storage), Gloucestershire, £35-55k + benefits
InfoSec People, the secure IT recruitment experts, are recruiting for several Infrastructure Engineers with substantial experience and in-depth knowledge of either Windows, Unix or Storage and Backup.
Working for a global leader in next gen IT services, you will be part of a large team of multi-talented, experienced engineers, based in Gloucestershire. We're looking for people with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills along with the ability to own and run issues from start to resolution. We'll be relying on you to maintain high standards and to work proactively to identify root-causes and resolve those issues. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude and eagerness to learn and develop new skills.
This is an establish service provision with a committed team that enjoys a good relationship with the customer. The environment is in a constant state of upgrade and transformation, using ITIL and a robust framework of processes and procedures to be constantly updated and evolved. However, that doesn't mean that things are rigid and staid; we need people who can deal with working in a fast-paced environment and think on their feet.
Candidates must be willing and eligible to undergo Developed Vetting (DV) clearance checks. You do not need to currently be DV cleared and are free to undertake alternative employment whilst these checks are being completed. This normally takes 5-12 months.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Resolve issues arising on Wintel, Unix and/or Storage equipment
* Aim for one-touch resolution but utilise escalation points if necessary
* Monitor system performance and consistent functionality
* Work to ITIL best practice guidelines
* Create and maintain effective documentation
* Deliver continual service improvement through effective standards and procedures
* Automate and improve things, where possible
* Share knowledge and best practice throughout your team
Skills & Behaviours Needed
* Deep knowledge of either Windows, Unix or Storage and Backup
* Proactive attitude and ability to work autonomously
* Passion and enthusiasm for a wide range of IT technologies, particularly infrastructure and storage
* Ability to listen to customers and make them feel like you care about their needs
* Proactive attitude to preventing problems, as well as fixing things when they break
* Communicate openly with your team of multi-skilled engineers about working practices and solutions
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
In return for your skills, a competitive salary of £35-50k is on offer, along with a very generous corporate benefits package and pension, with regular salary reviews. You'll also be joining a global IT consultancy, so your opportunities for training and personal development are outstanding. There's also the chance for you to develop within the organisation, grow your role and work in other locations in the UK and beyond, if that's your ambition. This is a full-time, permanent role, requiring you to undertake DV clearance.
If you feel that this role would be of interest to you, please call James Marklove, Senior Consultant at InfoSec People on 01242 507104 for a confidential discussion.
Salary: £35000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bens
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Date Advertised: 2018-02-02 07:28:57
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.