VP & QA Testing Manager, JP Morgan
“Chris at InfoSec People kept me engaged and informed throughout the whole process of securing a great position. He clearly builds terrific relationships with his clients, both corporate and individual, and in my view this is a key factor in his achievement of excellent outcomes. Demonstrated superb knowledge, great integrity, and he obviously cares about achieving the best results for both candidate and recruiter. He is a very personable guy to boot, on both a professional and personal level, a real star!”
Cyber Security Specialist, Stevenage
Cyber Security Specialist, Stevenage, £45-55k + bens
InfoSec People, the cyber security recruitment experts, are seeking a Cyber Security Specialist for a growing MSSP in Stevenage.
Working with a team of skilled SOC Analysts, your primary role will be to develop the proprietary unified threat management platform, developing new and existing features and cyber services for SME customers in the UK.
This is much more than a dry SOC Analyst position providing a simple detect and report service; you will help shape innovative ways of uncovering malicious attacks using advanced tools and techniques. The development, architecture, SOC and pen test teams all exist under one roof, too, so knowledge sharing and collaboration gives this firm great agility and an advantage in meeting customers' changing requirements.
We're looking for someone who has varied knowledge across information security, ideally with a technical background and some cyber operations experience. You will be a point of escalation for the junior analysts during event investigations and threat hunting exercises, working closely with the DevOps team to augment the platform and helping to on-board new customers. This might suit someone who is an experienced Security Manager, Security or SOC Analyst, Cyber Service Delivery Manager or Architect.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Understand customer use cases and threats to match the cyber services provided
* Work with DevOps to build new features and services in the SIEM/UTM platform
* Investigate escalated events and attacks detected by junior analysts
* On-board new customers into the SOC and manage the relationships with stakeholders
* Encourage knowledge sharing and collaboration between teams and departments across the group
Skills & Experience
* Prior experience of working in an analysis, engineering or management role within Cyber Operations
* Enthusiasm and dedication to maintaining up-to-date knowledge of cyber-attacks and mitigation techniques
* Knowledge of SIEM, UTM, IDS, IPS, Firewalls and network monitoring tools
* Ability to provide technical leadership and a calm persona during incidents
* Good interpersonal and report writing skills
This is a full-time, permanent role based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. The salary on offer will depend on experience, falling between £45,000 and £55,000 per year, plus benefits and add-ons. For more information and to make an application, please contact James Marklove, Lead Consultant at InfoSec People on 01242507100.
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Date Advertised: 2018-07-17 06:08:49
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.