Cyber Security Consultant Candidate
“InfoSec People were recommended to me by a colleague and from my first conversation I could see why.
They are knowledgeable, professional and friendly and took time to understand my current skill-set and desired career path. Unlike some other agencies the opportunities passed to me were both well qualified and suitable. InfoSec People provided excellent advice and assistance throughout the interview and negotiation stages, with an end result that I am excited to be shortly starting a new position which meets all my requirements. I have no hesitation in recommending InfoSec People.”
Database Administrator, Gloucestershire, £35-52k + 10% bens
Database Administrator, Gloucestershire, £35-52k + package
InfoSec People, the security cleared IT recruitment experts, are seeking Database Administrators for a large IT consultancy in Gloucestershire.
Working as part of a large team based across two customer sites near Gloucester, you will be delivering a high-quality 'Database as a Service' provision to a high-profile public sector client.
Embedded on customer site, you will be evaluating, deploying and supporting critical systems. In the BAU phase, your work will be focused on improving efficiency and performance, automating processes and continuously improving the level of service provided to the customer.
These roles will require successful candidates to undergo DV clearance checks. Details of this can be found on the government's website for security clearance levels and typically take 6-12 months to obtain. In the meantime you will be able to carry on with your existing permanent or contract employment.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Deployment, configuration and support of Oracle, MySql and Mongo DB solutions
* Optimise and tune the new DBaaS, ensuring high availability and performance
* Engagement with the wider infrastructure team to ensure successful integration of new products
* Automation of existing processes and systems using Bash/SQL scripting
* End-to-end involvement in large scale projects
Skills & Experience Required
* Deep knowledge of either Oracle, MySQL or Mongo database technologies
* Experience of working with virtual and physical platforms
* Experience of working in an engineering team on large-scale solutions
* Ability to improve monitoring, capacity and usage planning
* Scripting and automation skills would be beneficial
* Knowledge of EMC or NetBackup would be useful
This is a full-time, permanent role based in Gloucestershire. DV clearance checks will be required for successful candidates, for which full welfare support will be provided. For more information and to proceed with an application, please contact James Marklove, Lead Consultant at InfoSec People.
Salary: £35000.00 - £52000.00 per annum + 10% bens
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Date Advertised: 2018-03-29 11:18:26
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.