Director / CLAS Consultant
“During my time as a contracting consultant Chris at InfoSec People has stood out from the crowd in providing good advice and quality opportunities, culminating in an excellent contract with a major systems engineering company in 2009/2010. I have valued his ready (and impartial) guidance and would have no hesitation in working with him again or recommending him to others.”
Senior Security Engineer, Central London, £70-90k
Senior Security Engineer, London, £70-90k
InfoSec People, the IT security recruitment experts, are seeking a Senior Security Engineer for a London-based security software vendor.
This cyber security software company are an established player in the Security Incident & Event Management (SIEM) software market. With offices located in Central London, you'll be working as part of a small, stable engineering team, building, deploying and maintaining the platform used to detect and investigate malicious cyber attacks. This business have a reputation for building software that works, with a high-quality engineering and support service that's fit to monitor and protect the UK's most critical assets and people.
We're looking for individuals with a background in software engineering or system administration on Windows or Unix, who have moved into a more security-focused job role. From use case definition, through to proof of concept build, you will be engaging at an early stage with the customers' security operations teams to ensure the final product is bespoke to meet the individual needs of that organisation. The deployment, configuration and tuning of this software will require you to have a broad understanding of network architecture and end point security technologies, as well as scripting and rule-writing.
The role of the Senior Security Engineer is primarily focused on building and deploying security tools for highly skilled SOC teams, often in government or MoD departments. As a result, you must be willing and eligible to undergo SC security clearance checks.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Definition and refinement of customer requirements for the SIEM
* Build and demonstrate proof of concept
* Deploy, configure and tune the SIEM tool alongside customers' SOC team
* Provide user training and early life support, including patch delivery
* Conduct research and development, leading to product innovation
* Provide thought leadership and expert advice to potential customers at industry events
Skills & Experience Required
* Extensive knowledge of both Windows and Unix platforms, both server and desktop
* Deep understanding of network security technologies, such as IDS, IPS, SIEM, Firewall, AV, etc.
* Understanding of database technologies, especially Oracle, SQL Server and PostgreSQL
* Detailed understanding of common log events, sources and technologies
* Scripting skills, in either Unix Shell, Perl or Microsoft
* Proactive, creative mentality to troubleshooting and problem solving
* Confidence in presenting and delivering training sessions to customer teams
This is a full-time, permanent role based in Central London, with occasional travel to client site required, predominantly in London and the Southeast. Full training on the software platform will be provided, so your experience of specific SIEM tools such as Splunk, ArcSight, QRadar, etc. is not important.
The starting salary for this role will be around £70-90k + bonus and benefits. For more information and to apply for this position, please contact James Marklove, Lead Consultant at InfoSec People, on 01242507100.
Salary: £70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus and bens
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Date Advertised: 2018-04-06 10:58:48
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.