Director / CLAS Consultant
“During my time as a contracting consultant Chris at InfoSec People has stood out from the crowd in providing good advice and quality opportunities, culminating in an excellent contract with a major systems engineering company in 2009/2010. I have valued his ready (and impartial) guidance and would have no hesitation in working with him again or recommending him to others.”
Cloud Consultant, Home Based, London or Bristol, £58-70k + bens
Cloud Consultant, Office or Home Based, £58-70k + package
InfoSec People, the IT recruitment experts, are seeking a Cloud Consultant to be based from Bristol, London, Didcot or home for a large IT service provider.
This organisation provide a wide range of IT, digital and information security services to the education and research institutions all across the UK. As a Cloud Consultant, your role will be to engage with these customers, explain to them the benefits of using cloud computing and then helping them to design and implement an appropriate solution.
We're looking for people who are vendor agnostic and who can recommend creative, robust solutions based on Google, AWS or Azure platforms, depending on the customers' specific needs. With the support of a multi-skilled team, you'll get to see these projects through from requirements capture to final delivery and early life support. This service offering is at a relatively early stage, so you'll also get the chance to shape and mature the offering using your consulting and cloud technology experience and ideas of best practice.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Engage with customers to define their cloud computing needs
* Agree on appropriate public, private or hybrid cloud
* Leverage existing agreements and relationships with Google, Amazon and Microsoft
* Design, build and document IaaS, PaaS and Saas solutions for education and research organisations
* Manage the ongoing relationship with key stakeholders, both internally and client-side
* Assist in the development of the cloud products and services portfolio
* Provide thought leadership and collaboration with national and EU partners
Skills & Experience Required
* Deep knowledge of both designing and implementing cloud-based IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions
* Extensive technical consulting experience with large-scale enterprise customers or organisations
* Experience of migrating legacy applications/solutions to the cloud
* Broad knowledge of Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud
* End to end delivery and leadership of projects with direct customer engagement
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
This is a full time, permanent role to either be based from home, or attached to offices in Bristol, Didcot or London. In return for your skills and knowledge, a competitive salary is on offer, along with a very generous pension and benefits package. For more information and to process an application, please contact James Marklove, Lead Consultant at InfoSec People, on 01242507100 or .
Salary: £58000 - £70000 per annum + 20% package
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Date Advertised: 2018-04-13 05:59:45
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.