Senior Java Developer, IBM (Contractor)
“Chris is a proactive, thorough and effective consultant who goes the extra mile to achieve results, using his extensive network of contacts and excellent industry and technology knowledge to open doors to new opportunities. He’s also friendly and approachable. InfoSec People are quick to resolve any issues arising and have helped significantly in securing my last two contracts.”
Cyber Security Engineer, London, £55-65k + package
Cyber Security Engineer, London, £55-65k + bens
InfoSec People, the cyber security recruitment experts, are searching for a Cyber Security Engineer on behalf of a specialist asset management business in London.
This business operate to extremely high standards, so we're looking for individuals who take pride in creating robust, secure solutions that keep attackers out. As the sole dedicated Cyber Security Engineer in a small but highly-skilled information security team, your role will be to remotely configure, maintain and monitor secure networks across the globe. The role has a broad scope, requiring you to take responsibility for training users, reducing the attack surface, patch management, SIEM monitoring and investigations, secure telephony, firewall management and user training.
For a relatively small business, the team uses a great deal of cutting-edge technology; their solutions are at the enterprise level across multiple, international sites for a small number of private user groups. Tools-wise, you will have everything you need at your disposal, but this is not a structured, corporate environment, so we expect you to be not just technically competent, but also able to operate under your own direction and creatively solve technical issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage and maintain a small number of secure networks across multiple global sites
* Deploy, harden and update devices, AV and other end points
* Conduct vulnerability assessments and carry out necessary remediation
* Monitor the SIEM for malicious activity and respond to incidents
* Conduct in-depth technical investigations into potential breaches
* Create and update network diagrams and dashboards in the tool set
* Configure and maintain voice and messaging services
* Manage the backup and recovery process
* Provide ad hoc threat intelligence briefings and training to users and internal staff
Skills & Experience Required
* Broad networking background with a strong flavour of security
* Experience of working in highly confidential environment within a small, specialised team
* Good knowledge of Cisco switches, firewalls and voice/messaging equipment
* Exposure to a wide range of security devices, tools and methods
* Experience of network performance and security monitoring, ideally with a commercial SIEM
* Relevant information security qualification or equivalent experience
* Must have a proactive mentality, looking for anomalies or threats before they happen
* Need to take responsibility for own learning and direction, including keeping up to date with modern threats and high-profile breaches
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Central London. A basic salary of £55-65k + good pension and benefits are on offer, along with comprehensive training. For further information and to make an application, please contact James Marklove, Lead Consultant at InfoSec People on 01242507100.
Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + package
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Date Advertised: 2018-05-10 06:24:12
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.