Senior Test Analyst
“It was very refreshing to deal with an understanding and proactive recruiter who made the selection, interviewing and joining process easy. I would recommend Sophie as one of those recruiters you will enjoy working with to secure your next role”
Technical Security Consultant
Role: Technical Security Consultant
InfoSec People, the cyber security recruitment experts, are seeking a Technical Security Consultant for a major global FTSE 100 company near Cardiff.
This is a brand-new role to fill as the Technical Security Consultant within the Group Entity Security team, part of the Group Information Security department. The team is focused on the overseas and non-insurance businesses that operate as part of the Group.
Full job description:
The role is intended to provide information security expertise to support the Group businesses in understanding their security risk exposure and ensuring alignment between local Information Security strategies and that of the Group.
By working closely with the individual businesses, the role will support a developed understanding of the information security risks that they face. This will in turn enable effective prioritisation of activities and investment, with identification of opportunities to develop common approaches across the Group.
* Promote the secure use of information within the business, enabling informed and risk aware decisions to be made
* Produce analysis and reporting of the Information Security risk and control environment, ensuring timely identification of themes and emerging risks, issues and exposure
* Assess any gaps in the information security posture, where possible identifying common approaches to address them
* Support the production of information security reporting to relevant Committees
* Support the business in clearly understanding their exposure to information security risk and put in place pragmatic and cost-effective controls
* Represent Information Security as part of business projects
* Develop an awareness of the legal and regulatory requirements of the businesses for reporting and management
* Review and challenge assessments of Information Security risks and the controls in place to mitigate these risks
* Support the delivery of business and Information Security projects
* Provide mentoring and support on information security topics
* Support consistent Information Security risk reporting
* Maintain awareness of potential external emerging information security risks
* Produce reports and recommendations on Information Security topics as required for business committees
* Liaise with business areas to explore current business activities and future plans, with a view to identify possible future changes to Information Security risk profile
* Provide advice to guide and support new propositions, products or areas of business expansion
* Deal with and/or refer any Information Security management queries
Experience and Qualifications Required
The role would suit someone with an information security consulting background, who is familiar with the typical challenges an organisation faces and is able to support the business in developing appropriate approaches to manage information security risks.
An excellent knowledge of Information Security principles is required, with the ability to convey potentially complex principles to audiences of varying technical understanding.
This is a full time, permanent role. For more information and to apply for the role, please send your CV to Nick Haaker, Lead Consultant at InfoSec People. ()
Salary: £50000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: 19/11/2018
Date Advertised: 2019-11-08 07:06:03
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.