Cyber Security Consultant Candidate
“InfoSec People were recommended to me by a colleague and from my first conversation I could see why.
They are knowledgeable, professional and friendly and took time to understand my current skill-set and desired career path. Unlike some other agencies the opportunities passed to me were both well qualified and suitable. InfoSec People provided excellent advice and assistance throughout the interview and negotiation stages, with an end result that I am excited to be shortly starting a new position which meets all my requirements. I have no hesitation in recommending InfoSec People.”
Cyber Security Incident Manager, up to £60k, Cardiff
Cyber Security Incident Manager, Cardiff, up to £60k
InfoSec People, the IT Security recruitment specialists, are seeking a Cyber Security Incident Manager for
a global innovation based organisation based in South Wales.
We're looking for an individual who has proven experience in handling cyber security incidents in a Cloud first organisation and has the understanding and knowledge to take the necessary actions and implement the required response measures.
This is an opportunity for someone to be the sole point of contact during a live incident and co-ordinate the actions of the 2nd line analysts, adjusting priority levels and making decisions on triaged incidents to accelerate resolution and assign focus. This role will sit between the Security Operations Centre and the Incident Response Team and will enable effective communication to resolve any live incidents.
The Security Incident Manager will have relevant experience in security operations, incident management, response, forensics, and security monitoring and would suit someone with significant understanding of the changing threat landscape and the response options available to Incident Response Teams. You will have proven experience across a large enterprise with regards to threat hunting and threat response and will form a key part of the Blue team during red/blue testing scenarios.
* Actively work with the analyst teams to maintain communication.
* Effectively prioritise incidents, accelerate resolution and assign focus.
* Complete post-incident reviews to make future improvements.
* Define requirements and improvements against current and future playbooks.
* Manage communications with key stakeholders and internal teams to disseminate relevant information and actions.
* Operate the incident response plan and feed adjustments back to the Response Team Manager.
* Keep abreast of the changing threat landscape and how this impacts a Cloud first organisation
Experience & Behaviours:
* The candidate should have a strong working knowledge across a significant portfolio of security solutions and at least one SIEM solution for gathering and processing live incident telemetry.
* You should have experience in handling live cyber incidents in a functioning security operations centre.
* The ability to work under pressure is a must as is the ability to remain calm and focussed on the mission.
* The ability to explain the process to qualify and contain incidents will be tested as part of the recruitment process.
* Excellent IT knowledge is required that informs a wide array of containment options for typical kill chain events.
* The ability to communicate effectively, constructively, confidently and professionally is key to the success in the role.
* The need to question information that others would take on face value and remain inquisitive across the enterprise will improve the likelihood of chasing down incidents to confident closure.
This is a great time to join this forward thinking organisation and be a part of a dynamic and progressive culture. This company is committed to growing and nurturing a working environment where people share ideas, feel valued and are able to drive change to allow them the business to grow and move forward.
If you are interested in finding out more or would like to be considered for this role please call Sophie on 01242 395 771 or email a copy of your CV
Salary: £40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Date Advertised: 2018-11-28 06:28:07
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.