CLAS Consultant & Director of IA (Security)
“InfoSec People negotiated my current contract but over the period of 15 months the contract team has kept in regular contact ensuring I remained aware of new opportunities as they arose. In a nutshell Chris and the team go the extra mile and always makes sure you are up to date with the recruitment process and ensures you are not just another fish in a recruitment net with his very personable nature. I would recommend Chris and InfoSec People to anyone looking for their next role, where professional, thorough and good communication skills are the qualities you are looking for in a top class recruitment agency.”
Security Architect, up to £80,000 + benefits, Cardiff
Security Architect, Cardiff, up to £80,000 + benefits
InfoSec People, the Cyber Security recruitment specialists, are currently searching for a Security Architect to join an exciting, market leading company based in Cardiff. Priding themselves on their innovative and progressive culture, this is a fantastic opportunity to join my client and play a role in transforming their security architecture.
As the Security Architect, you will see the macro view, direction of travel and complexity of the contemporary IT landscape and create and maintain security roadmaps, providing solutions that harmonise with IT and create enabling security functions that allow the business to innovate quickly. The role would suit a technologist who has had an operational role in the past and understands the link between good technical controls and threat mitigation. Ideal candidates for this role will also have proven experience in delivering security architecture and controls that sidestep the mistakes often made in the early stages of maturity.
* Create and maintain security roadmaps for the organisation
* Create patterns for deployment that simplify and accelerate the best practice for cloud
* Identify opportunities to leapfrog traditional IT security challenges through automation and orchestration
* Understand the changing nature of risk as the IT landscape evolves
* Work with the Security Incident Response Team Manager to determine effective security detection and prevention approaches
* Provide assistance to the platform and engineering teams, to ensure value is maximised from existing purchases
* Champion best practice methods for web application hosting and protection, endpoint management and software defined protection
* Experience developing control frameworks that meet recognised industry standards.
* Broad knowledge of security and a strong technical grounding.
* Demonstrable experience in security architecture, and design of end to end architecture lifecycles and patterns.
* Good understanding of a recognised architectural framework such as TOGAF / SABSA is not essential but understanding when such frameworks provide value and their limitations is advantageous.
* Strong working knowledge of at least one of Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure is highly desirable.
* Ability to communicate effectively, constructively, confidently and professionally.
For a confidential discussion, please call Melanie on 01242 386813 or alternatively email a copy of your CV for immediate consideration.
Salary: £60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Date Advertised: 2019-03-08 10:52:46
Apply for this job
Please apply for this job below.