CyNam 19.1 - Everything you missed!
CyNam 19.1 Past, Present and Future Threats, took place last Thurday 21st March 2019, with a thrilling line up of speakers, and the usual packed-out audience with attendees from all corners of the cyber and information security industry.
Here’s what you missed;
- Professor Mark West, Head of Strategic Offerings for Cyber for Roke Manor Research discussed cars and cyber dangers.
- Jonathan Atkin, Regional Cyber Coordinator for the South West leading the regional coordination of the cyber-crime units in the Five South West Police Forces (Avon and Somerset, Devon and Cornwall, Dorset, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire) gave us insight into who the cyber criminals are, here in the UK and internationally, “Cyber raids in the US are lot different. A lot more people and a lot more guns." He said, discussing international cyber crime.
- David Balson, Director of Intelligence for Ripjar taught us about data intelligence, linking data and protecting your customers.
- Linda Dean, from BetaDenUK explained her tech accelerator plan for entrepreneurial cyber tech companies where applications are now open at the Malvern Hub.
- And finally, there was a great demonstration from BAE System about how to cut into a wire to see what is being passed over it - you had to be there!
The event also raised a fantastic amount for the Pied Piper Appeal – a huge thank you to everybody’s donations on the night.
Details for CyNam 19.2 soon!